Tuesday, November 21, 2006

101 Inspirational Stories of Reconcilliation


When 101 Inspirational "Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation" came in the mail, I was interested in it. My mum had written an article in it about teaching children the Sacrament of Reconciliation. However as I skimmed, through the pages in search of my mum's article, the titles of these true stories of Reconciliation caught my attention, 'Why Are You Here?', 'A Heavy Burden', and 'I was Forgiven'. I wondered what they were about. Finally, I found my mum's piece. After reading it, I decided to read one of the stories. Once I had read one, I had to read another.

The different stories and experiences, all ending with the same joyful feeling of miraculously complete forgiveness, have me always looking forward to the next one I read.

I find that the best time to read these stories is when I am cuddled up in bed. I look carefully at my conscience, thinking of all I have done well that day, and what I have not done well that day. Then I read a true story of God's merciful forgiveness. I know that no matter what I did wrong, He is waiting to forgive me!

This book has helped me in a real way because each story I have read seems even happier and more wonderful than the last. Reading about other peoples' fears and troubles with this sacrament, and how they were corrected, has helped me to see that my fears are nothing to worry about -- they even seem silly. At last I found myself wishing, with all my heart, that I could go soon to Reconciliation, instead of dreading the next time I had to. I have always loved this sacrament very much, but normally I hate actually confessing my sins, even though I know I will feel sooo wonderful and clean afterwards!

This is not a book I would have normally thought of reading. I usually like nice long ongoing stories whether true, or fictional. I am so glad that I did start reading it though and I think it would make a great addition to any family’s library and any parish library as well.

This book can be bought online HERE and you can learn more about the editor of this book HERE. If you do read it, be sure to come back and let the rest of know what you thought of it.

The author of this review is 13 yr old Anna G.
owner of the blog:
Beans are Gross and Other Interesting Thoughts.

No comments: